Monday, February 23, 2009

CHAIRBOYS! Barmy army!

Barmy: Full of barm. slang: insane

Adj.
1.
barmy - marked by spirited enjoyment; zestful, zesty, yeasty, spirited
- displaying animation, vigor, or liveliness
2.
barmy - informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy" , balmy, bats, batty, bonkers, buggy, crackers, daft, dotty, haywire, kookie, loco, loony, nuts wacky, nutty, loopy, fruity, insane; - afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement

Tonight we strolled down to Oranje (or-an-ye) - which means "orange" (the color, not the fruit, which is sinaapsappel) for a meal and back home to watch the WYCOMBE WANDERERS (and for those of you who don't remember, this is Alex's home footie team!!!) on television. They are playing Rotherham United - and I will have to let you know how they do...score as I write this is nil nil...fans are shouting "Come on Wycombe, Come on Wycombe" (I've done this at this stadium many times!!)

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/

The game is at Adams Park, the stadium in Wycombe (walking distance, albeit a breathy one with the hills of High Wycombe) - so, as you can imagine, Alex is intent on the game and now that I've finished my Dutch homework I'm now watching. So, fingers crossed, our team in Blue will win.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good luck! Erm...you know me. I don't follow the rugby ;)