Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Bit of Fun at the Marine House










Last night I did something fun with a couple of my girlfriends. We were invited to Mexican Night at the Marine House in The Hague and I met my friends (Tove and Marilee) at Central Station and we took a tram to the stop nearest the house. It was a fun evening with Mexican food, beer, Margaritas, and pool!



A few years ago I played on an amateur league pool team in Quincy, Massachusetts and when Alex and I were dating we played quite a bit of pool. I haven't played for quite some time, and I was a bit rusty, or so I thought, but did quite well and beat *four* of the Marines in the house :) I also helped a fellow "sista" as she asked for some coaching when she played against one of the Marines - and she beat him as well.

All in all, a very fun evening. We trammed it back to central station where I hailed a cab to take me back to Wassenaar. The driver spoke only Dutch, which gave me a good opportunity to practice my own, and by the time I arrived home I knew that he had two sisters and two brothers in the States, and a brother in Australia.
Good fun. Just good fun.

1 comment:

Denis said...

HooYA! you da man!