Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Art Gallery Opening and Other Stuff














This past Sunday I had yet another Gallery opening (you'll recall that I manage the AWC's gallery), but this one was a bit different for two reasons - we had a "Three Women, Three Countries, Three Artists" theme, and I also gave my first public ''speech" as President of the AWC of The Hague (although the election has yet to officially take place.) I was a bit of a wreck, but all went well. Don't worry Nan, Den, Lisa ... I did ya proud!


Here are a few pics of the day (courtesy of Alex since I was otherwise occupied).


Left: Sally, Monika, Leslie & Susan



Sharing a laugh with one of the artists. Above: Some of our musical entertainment.



Some of the 3-D art and a candid shot of me at work.


Some attendees and the "white dog" Anonymous guests enjoy what they see.

I have also been playing with my camera and experimenting with different shots (very typically I practice on flowers because they are beautiful and colorful, there are plenty around, and generally they are a cooperative subject). Here are some recent shots that I thought worked pretty well. I'm curious what you think, so let me know.



Above: Just call him Hollywood (he is a handsome bugger, isn't he??)


From a local playground - Daffodils and an interesting view of a sculpture.

And these remind me of home and my grandmother, Bampi:


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the opening and on your new job and wow, these photos are terrific!

Denis said...

I couldn't agree more! I am very proud of you. Although, handsome bugger is not the exact phrase I would have used.(I'm telling everyone about my 'little neice' going to Lithuania and visiting the KGB museum.Jeez, it's still hard to get over.)