Saturday, May 30, 2009

For Denise

A few days ago I found out that my friend Denise, also a colleague of mine at Lumigent, has had a bone marrow transplant. She was diagnosed with MDS see http://www.mdstreatment.org/about-mds/), a pre-cancerous blood condition. She is being treated in Boston by Dana Farber. Since finding out about her situation, I have been closely following her progress on a special website that her daughters and sister have created.

Denise is an amazing woman, and she is bravely getting through a very tough treatment process. To bring awareness to the disease and as a special shout out to her, today's blog is for Denise and her family.

Many of you know that, for many reasons, Denise's story touches a place in my heart that makes me want everyone I know to root for her recovery.

Blayney, if you're reading this, I'll ask that you say a few extra prayers for my dear friend.

No comments: