Friday, August 7, 2009

Busy Summer Final Entry - Extended Family


Above: Me and Yaz


Family certainly extends beyond our biological family and for me includes some very special people in my life and it was wonderful to see them.

While in the States I was able to spend some time with my dear friend Yaz, a college friend with whom I have been close friends for more than 20 years. Her son, Shaun, is now in his early twenties, and I have to say one of the most charming, respectful and impressive "kids" (I can call him that - but he is a man, I suppose!) that I have ever known. Kudos to Yaz for raising him so well (and completely on her own). Shaun, your aunt Leslie is very proud of you - love you loads!!

Above: Shaun; Jimmy - the love of Yaz's life :)

I also was able to spend an afternoon with my high school mate Kelly and her family. Kelly is another of those lifelong friends whose family is also my family. Her parents are quite special to me and it was wonderful to see all of them. Gosh, the kids have grown so much in such a short time! How cute are they??



Above: Kelly, Michael, Fallon, Dave, Erin; Dad and Mum Findlen



I visited my friend Brenda (she visited my last September) also - and spent just a few hours with her and her silly dog Penny and her other dog, Dudley, with whom I have a special relationship. A couple of times when I was in the States and Alex travelled to Hong Kong, Dudley came and stayed with me to keep me company - what a wonderful companion! I just love him.




Above: Brendie and Penny; Penny being coy


Below: Penny and Dudley






My trip brought me full circle back to Norwood and Scituate and I was able to attend a couple of Dave, Jr. and Dan's baseball games - the last one a quite-exciting championship game in which both boys played, and Dave, Jr. pitched (I'll tell you that's a lot of pressure on a kid which he handled well - not so with all of the adults who were totally stressed by the pressure of this game!) Ok, could they be any cuter?


Below: Dave, Jr. in action on the mound; Dan in action on the plate


Below: Adorable kiddos :)


































No comments: