Thursday, June 10, 2010

The AWC Celebrates 80 Years in The Hague

















Well, I've had a busy few weeks - beginning with a very important evening in early May. I was a bit nervous as I had to deliver a speech to a crowd of 160+ but all went smoothly and it was delightful night.

Our Denim & Dimaonds birthday celebration marking 80 years in The Hague was simply a tremendous success. I couldn't have been more proud or honored to be a part of the American Women's Club of The Hague. Thanks to a great group of volunteers and some amazing community and corporate support, we have been able to make a generous donation to FAWCO's Emergency Relief Fund for Haiti.

It was a true celebration, attended by our keynote speaker U.S. Ambassador Fay Hartog Levin (a Dutch American) as well as several other distinguished guests. The evening included a delicious three-course meal, live music, dancing and a silent auction. Everyone looked smashing and the evening was full of smiles, laughter, kissing, more laughing and dancing!

During the planning of this event, my Dutch friends and fellow Members reminded me of what John Adams once observed about the Dutch, "There are no friends more faithful than they."

The successful and rewarding evening reminds me why the AWC of The Hague is so special.



Next up - Hollie visits, Nancy visits, the in-laws visit!










No comments: