Sunday, November 9, 2008

'tis the Holiday Season






































Last weekend the AWC held one if its big annual fundraisers, our Holiday Bazaar. I volunteered for food booth duty on the Sunday, and it was so much fun! I was able to practice my Dutch (I'm taking classes and love it) with lots of Dutch people and did pretty well. Keep in mind, this requires not much more than me being able to say things like "Would you like a sausage?" "That is three Euros" "Thank you" and "you're welcome"...but I did ok.



At the top here is a pic of me and my dear friend Pamela (who organized and managed the whole vent) and I, and a couple of others from the day.




The younger fella in the baseball cap on the left is Harry, husband of my friend Deb, just recently back from his tour in Afghanistan - thank you Harry for your service to our country!



The gentleman on the right (also with baseball cap) is my friend Dorsey...who was the one dressed as a woman for Halloween.












Cheers and happy holidays!

No comments: