Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Day in Delft











As part of the process of improving my photojournalism skills, encouraged very much by my husband, my Aunt/Mom Nancy, my uncle Denis and my sister Lisa, I am looking for ways to improve my newly-discovered talents. Yesterday I participated in yet another AWC activity and met some of my new friends in Delft for a "photo safari" led by one of our Members who is a professional photographer. Although I've been to Delft several times and taken lots of photos, I learned quite a bit.




Here are a few of, what I think, are some decent shots (except one, which I've posted so that you can see that, like in America, boys here will be boys!). I've also compiled a brief film for those of you who have enjoy my little movies.


Another note of interest (well, at least to me) - the Dutch don't accommodate picture taking, certainly not for tourists, but not even for a bride and groom. Weddings take place in Delft (as in may cities) at the Geemente (city hall) and on a Friday, there are quite a few. And when it is sunny, they often walk through the city in their wedding attire and have photos taken. The Dutch walk or cycle by (often right between the photographer and his subjects) without any apology. It is just the way it is!


1 comment:

Denis said...

wow! terrific photos! You are gifted.