Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas

Ok, I was home - but I began to get anxious as the date for the British Airways strike came closer - and it was NOT looking good. So I almost wasn't home :( The thought of calling my aunt Nancy ("mom" to me) to tell her we weren't coming made me feel ill, and sad. It would break my heart not to be home for Christmas this year, but we left it in the hands of fate. And a judge in the UK who stopped the strike (at least for now).

Anyway, we arrived in very snowy Boston on December 22 (a fresh snowfall with nearly two feet of snow on the ground) - very Christmas-y! My whole family is sentimental about Christmas (birthdays are a big deal, too!). This film is from our Christmas Eve.

I love spending Christmas Eve at Denis and Nancy's (a tradition) - champagne, nibbles, goodies, a fabulous dinner - and, of course, presents! Denis and Nancy gave us a beautiful Chelsea clock that now adorns the bureau in our bedroom. Nice.

We had a jolly old time and all was well with the world. It is good to be with family. Good company, laughter, great food, a bit of reminiscing and a quiet, sleepy ride back to Scituate.

Here's a clip of our Christmas Eve celebration at Uncle Denis and Aunt Nancy's, with cousins Jen and Greg and their respective boy and girl friends, Joe and Nancy, old lovely dogs Rocky (the border collie) and Smoky (the black lab), and Jen's cat Fluffy (I think!) - who has quite a presence :) As we were heading back to Scituate, the Essmans arrived with their two daughters - Steve and Ann are long-time friends of Denis and Nancy, and I worked with Steve when I worked for Denis at NPI!

A great evening. Thank you Denis and Nancy for having us all!

No comments: