Sunday, October 4, 2009

Success!

Well, my address to the group at the launch of the 7th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the Netherlands was a success. And I have now met another handful of very interesting and influential people. U.S. Consul General Julie Ruterbories and U.S. Deputy Chief of Mission Michael Gallagher were among our distinguished guests.

Very unfortunately, the person who volunteered to take some photos for us is unable to locate the camera so you'll just have to use your imaginations on this one ;)

I was very well prepared and my speech well rehearsed, which was a good thing because there was no podium on which to set my notes should I need them - just a slim microphone behind I couldn't hide :) It went very, very well and I was relieved and pleased.

Special thanks to Blayney for his words of encouragement and vote of confidence - it helped!

Also this weekend Alex and I attended an Anglo-American Pub Quiz night (complete with a curry dinner). Our team did dreadfully in the quiz, but it was great fun. And Saturday evening we went bowling (ten pin, that is - and I have only ever played candlepin, so it was a challenge!) with a group from the Club and a couple of new friends.

Next weekend we'll be in Antwerp as I am attending the regional FAWCO meeting hosted by AWC Antwerp.

Today I have an art gallery opening and lots of Dutch homework to do, and Monday morning (bright and early - can you believe I volunteered for this?!) I have another Storytime for the kiddies at the Club. It is a little bit of a substitute for spending quality time with my own nieces and nephews in the States and in Wales - a bit of a "kid fix" if you will.

No comments: