Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And another aside - Altar Ego in Wycome

That's my father-in-law on the left







Before we got to Holland, we stopped in the UK to visit my in-laws. Alex headed here first to begin his job. Anyway, during the time we were there, my father in law's band (Altar
Ego - as they play at their local church quite frequently) had a gig - his last in Wycombe as they are retiring to Wales. My father-in-law (Ray) and I frequently sing together when we're all home having a few pints. He plays guitar and I sing along with him while Alex and my mother-in-law (Di) hang out with us - and roll their eyes at each other as Ray and I sing just about every song in his songbook :)


Well, I was invited to be part of this very special event, and Ray and I picked out a couple of songs that I could sing. As it turned out, I was invited to sing (mostly backup with a solo performance of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow") with the band for the entire performance. What a treat!


And it might interest you to know that just after this evening, I had laryngitis for a week (which I'm sure was appreciated by Alex and my in-laws - you all know I can be a bit of a Chatty Cathy)!! If it had been even one more evening, it would have been a bust for me.


Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Whoa! Yet another skill set I did not know you had! I am a total sissy about anything remotely like a public performance. Good for you!

Going Dutch said...

Lisa,
It is the drama queen in me :) I'm sure you can recall some of my earliest days as an actress?? And I don't much mind being the center of attention...
It was quite a success and I hope the opportunity presents itself again (I've been invited back by other members of the band as well!)
--L