Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some local flavor

Typical views in the local park

These sisters were just beautiful
This is the church just at the end of our street - the bells ring regularly and are beautiful (maybe not so much on Sunday at 9am :) Actually, we don't really hear them anymore - they are just part of the fabric of Wassenaar.
Typical Dutch shutters/cottage




My local florist
Another view from the park


Bike path heading to den Haag (left) and double orange tulips (above right)




(Above) pics of the market and (right) tulips in our hallway


Well, I now have a proper Dutch bicyle, with big ol' basket and bell, of course - picked it up this morning. I'll take a picture of it, too.

I took a quick ride and did a couple of errands before lunch as Alex came home before his trip to Luxembourg. We had chicken curry soup and gouda cheese toasties - yum!
Because it was such a beautiful day (again) I hopped back on the bike to ride around Wassenaar and I remembered my camera!

I found, quite accidentally, the local outdoor market (we'd presumed that Wassenaar didn't have one - but it does - every Tuesday). Vendors sell everything from underwear to fruit. I bought a pair of cheap sunglasses and some fresh fruit and vegetables, a skirt, a pair of funky european jeans, and some candy! Pics of the market forthcoming - the camera is charging at the moment...
I drove around and took some additional pictures that show what the typical bike path looks like, some Dutch homes, canals, wildlife, etc.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sell everything from underwear to fruit??!! Do they sell Fruit of the Loom underwear!!?? :) Miss you Miss Leslie!! Glad to see you have a blog, i'll be reading it often. :) Looks beautiful - love the house!
Niamh :)

Lisa said...

Great pictures! Now I have a much better feel for where you are. Keep them coming...