Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An aside

Just in case you're worried that I'm not the silly, bumbling Leslie that you know - I'll reveal to you one of the more embarrassing moments of my entry to the Netherlands...
On the first Saturday we were here, we had had a late night on the Friday and after spending our entire afternoon trying to get to the shops before 5pm, we were tired and desperate for a quick meal. So we went to good ol' McDonalds. Easy enough, right?
Well, when I went to the ladies toilet I locked the door, did my business - and then couldn't get out of the stall!! The door lock was most definitely jammed. The stall, by the way, is floor to ceiling and very cramped. Did I panic? Of course :)
I should have thought to use my mobile phone to call Alex and let him know I had a problem.
Instead I began shouting for help and banging on the door. There was no one else in the ladies' room at the time, but within minutes (probably seconds) I could hear that someone was out there - and I shouted for help again and explained that the door was locked and I wasn't able to get out.
Whoever this woman was, she said she would get help and returned quickly to tell me that they were aware of the problem and they would get me out. I continued to try to open the door (and feel panicked) and I was told "you need to calm down." Shortly thereafter, the a security officer unlocked the door and set me free.
Alex had wondered what had taken me so long...and was quite entertained by my dilemma.
I now have a fear of locking any toilet door in Holland...
So, you know that I'm still the Leslie you know and, hopefully, love :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

hahahahahahaha!!!

Sara said...

hehe that is so funny, miss you!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.