Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Born in the USA






























On Monday, May 13th I hopped on a plane to the US for the first time since we've been away. It was an evening flight and I arrived late in Boston, rented a car and drove to Scituate. I was exhausted but pleased to see Nancy and excited about seeing other friends and family during my very few days there.


Nancy and I spent some time doing mother/daughter things - shopping, eating, shopping, and eating...and it is always nice to stay with Nancy and Joe because I'm treated like royalty - the spoiled little chickadee.

I had a tricky few days to try to fit in as many visits with other folks as possible. I now understand the guilt many people feel on such trips. There are just so many things you can do and people you can see. I spent a couple of days with Nancy, then headed to Chelmsford to spend an evening with Brenda, and then on Thursday I met my uncle Denis for lunch - where I began to feel some severe jet lag. Literally, during our lunch I just ran out of gas. I barely touched my soup. The obvious red flag was that I didn't drink my wine ;O) Fortunately, Denis was more than sympathetic to my plight, and sent me home to his farm in Stow for a sleep. Later than evening he woke me so that he and my other aunt Nancy and her dad could go for a nice meal. As wonderful as the company was, I was still jagged - and had club soda with lemon for dinner and hit the bed hard when we got home.


Denis took me to breakfast at a local diner the following day, and after yet another nap, I got myself up and packed and back on the road. Denis and Nancy - thank you so much for your understanding - and your guest bed!


This time I headed to Hollis, New Hampshire to stay with my friend Anna, and we joined some other friends that evening for a very fun few hours of eating, drinking, dancing and just being silly. It was tough to get up the next morning, but Anna's dog Spike made sure I did! Anna and I spent the day doing girlie stuff and then I headed back to Scituate...a separate entry.
Thank you Anna and crew for everything.

This is the short video - the second is the long version...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU!!! We're nearing that time of year (few more months) when we'll need your jingly santy hat again! :) hugs to you and alex....lov ya! niamh