Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We are family


Back to Scituate ...
On Sunday my parents, brothers, neice and nephews had brunch at the Mill Wharf in Scituate to celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday (argh!). We continued our celebration at my parents' home in Scituate and I wrapped up my trip with another whirlwind trip to Marshall's and the local Stop-n-Shop for a bit more shopping (I have found that I need to bring back albacore tuna to Holland as the tuna here, to me, is questionable...and reminds me of cat food - yuck! I also had a request from Alex to bring back several cans of corned beef hash.)
As you all know, the exchange rate is pretty outrageous, so during my US trip most of my shopping was for clothing for our planned trip to Portugal in July. There are a few other things that we simply can't find here - things you wouldn't think about, like a little utility rug for the floor in front of the kitchen sink, and lamps that have switches where you want them but don't cost a week's wages. I would do some more shopping in Wales for the same reasons.
It was fabulous to spend time with the south shore crew.
Overall, the trip was just great but I do wish I'd had more time.
On Monday evening I boarded the overnight flight back to the UK...and more jet lag!
The first video below is 'the short' - the other for those who have been enjoying the longer and more complex films. The longer versions are very well received by my more immediate family. I appreciate your input.


No comments: