Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Eurovision 2008






We spent two evenings in a row with our best mates in the UK, Trevor and Jo and Mick and Sarah. We ALWAYS have a great time with them - and typically knock back quite a few lagers.

This visit we discovered the obsession with Eurovision 2008 ... a bizarre song contest the likes of which I've never seen. It is much like a car crash in that you can't help but look at it even though it is simply awful.


Check out the winner and others - I think Spain is pretty special:



I'm including a video I took myself of the TV screen of a bizarre moment in the show...


Anyway, the long and short of it is that we had, as usual, a delightful time with our friends. I don't have any new pics of their beautiful children (five in all) as they were all tucked into bed on both evenings. We didn't even *see* three Lock children, but I assure you that Trev's little ginger kids are as beautiful as ever.
Oh, by the way, the UK finished DEAD LAST in this competition...!





2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great travelogue! Congratulations on getting your green card, (I guess it's the Dutch equivalent of that, right?)

Going Dutch said...

I guess it would be similar - it does grant me residency for five years (a green card is ten). But yes, I can work here, too so must be the equivalent).
Thanks!